Real Estate Law

Have real estate law questions? Ask a real estate lawyer.

I have a question about a Right-of-Way Grant by the Bureau…

Customer Question
Hello. I have...

Hello. I have a question about a Right-of-Way Grant by the Bureau of Land Management on an access road to a property & home we would like to purchase in Chaffee County, CO. This was just disclosed to us after we signed a purchase agreement and we are seeing a lot of red flags here because we don't understand all of the ramifications.

Lawyer's Assistant: Because real estate law varies from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?

Colorado

Lawyer's Assistant: Has anything been filed or reported?

We signed a purchase agreement for the property before we knew about the BLM Grant.

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

I said what I know in the first message.

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Real Estate Law
Answered in 1 hour by:
1/9/2018
Real Estate Lawyer: Dwayne B., Attorney replied 7 months ago
Dwayne B.
Dwayne B., Attorney

Hello and thank you for contacting us. This is Dwayne B. and I’m an expert here and looking forward to assisting you today.

Please allow me several minutes to read your facts and type my response both initially and when you add a follow up question or add facts. Please don't ask "are you there", "where is my answer", etc., since when you post it can erase what I am working on. If we are having a conversation unless I tell you I am going offline, I will be here but I may be doing research.

I have read and understand your facts, is there a specific question with which I could assist?