Real Estate Law

Have real estate law questions? Ask a real estate lawyer.

I have a situation. My mother died on May 29, 2017 and my…

Customer Question
I have a situation...

I have a situation. My mother died on May 29, 2017 and my brother moved into her mobile home on my sister's property. When my mother died, my sister stated that no one live in the mobile home. My brother will not move out, and is taking my sister to court. He want to remain in the home rent free. What can my sister do in this situation?

Lawyer's Assistant: The Expert will know what to do. Is there anything else important you think the Expert should know?

She place an eviction notice on the home Oct 13, 2017, however, he is still there. They have a court date on Jan 18, 2018.

Submitted: 3 months ago.Category: Real Estate Law
1/9/2018
Real Estate Lawyer: Infolawyer, Lawyer replied 3 months ago
Infolawyer, Lawyer
Legally she is the owner now?
She owned the property (land) the entire time. My sister brought the land so my mother did not have to move. The land is my sister's.
She has a right to evict. Sometimes the police will help. Otherwise need to file for eviction. martindale.com and findlaw.com are both excellent lookup directories. Both highly rated. Both used by lawyers. Easy to search and find local options.martindale.com and findlaw.com are both excellent lookup directories. Both highly rated. Both used by lawyers. Easy to search and find local options.Please let me know if the reply is acceptable by responding “yes” or “acceptable”if I can elaborate on anything, just ask me.
No thank you
I know this would happen.
Please let me know if the reply is acceptable by responding “yes” or “acceptable”
Tina, Lawyer