Real Estate Law

Have Real Estate Law Questions? Ask a Real Estate Lawyer.

Real Estate Law

My neighbor is landlocked by my property. How much do I have…

Customer Question
My neighbor is landlocked...

My neighbor is landlocked by my property. How much do I have to give him as an easement to my property. This in acksonville, FL

Lawyer's Assistant: Because real estate law varies from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?

Jacksonville, Florida

Lawyer's Assistant: Has any paperwork been filed?

No

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

This is my only concern at his time

Submitted: 1 month ago.Category: Real Estate Law
1/9/2018
Real Estate Lawyer: Law Educator, Esq., Lawyer replied 1 month ago

Thank you for your question. I look forward to working with you to provide you the information you are seeking for educational purposes only. Please feel free to ignore any phone service request, the expert does not send those unless asked by customer and they are sent by the site automatically.

You would only need to provide the minimal amount of land necessary to allow access to his property by vehicle. Where the easement would be located would be up to you to decide and if he disputes where you are allowing the easement, then he would need to take you to court. The courts hold that the easement can be placed where you as landowner decide as long as it is reasonable and it does not have to be exactly where the other landowner wants it to be. Again, it only has to be just enough land to reasonably allow them to get back and forth to their landlocked property.

Please do not forget to leave positive feedback by clicking on the 5 stars at the top of your page, as the experts are not employees of the site and get no credit for spending time with customers unless they leave positive feedback. Thank you.

Law Educator, Esq., Lawyer