Real Estate Law

Have real estate law questions? Ask a real estate lawyer.

What can i do if its been over the 21 days required for my…

Customer Question
What can i do...

What can i do if its been over the 21 days required for my ex-landlord to give me back my deposit check back and have not received it?

Lawyer's Assistant: Because laws vary from place to place, can you tell me what state the property is in?

Oxnard, ca, ventura county

Lawyer's Assistant: Has any paperwork been filed?

Not yet, need to know what can i do

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

I text my landlord about the status of my deposit and she never reply. i have a copy of the clear check for 1st month and deposit, also a copy of my 30 day notice and a hand written letter from the landlord stating that i left her rental in satisfactory condition

Submitted: 3 months ago.Category: Real Estate Law
1/9/2018
Real Estate Lawyer: WiseOwl58, Lawyer replied 3 months ago
WiseOwl58
WiseOwl58, Lawyer

I suggest you file a lawsuit in small claims court. Once your landlord gets the subpoena to court, I am willing to bet you will get your security back immediately.

Please rate five stars ***** by clicking on five stars ***** and pressing send.

A bonus is appreciated after you rate.

Good luck to you and happy new year. I wish you all the best.

Please rate five stars ***** by clicking on five stars ***** and press SEND.

A bonus is appreciated after you rate.

Good luck to you. I wish you all the best.

A bonus is appreciated after you rate.

WiseOwl58
WiseOwl58
WiseOwl58, Lawyer