Real Estate Law

Have real estate law questions? Ask a real estate lawyer.

We have a case on appeal and waiting for an appeal decision,

Customer Question
one of the points we...
We have a case on appeal and waiting for an appeal decision, one of the points we are arguing is this:
Can a note holder try and use a notice of acceleration from another entity to try and foreclose on property even though the entity is not its predecessor, or receivership or merger. In other words can they use a letter from another entity that was sent 5 years prior for the notice of acceleration be used 7 years later as meeting the requirement for a notice of acceleration establishing the grounds for them to foreclose?
Submitted: 6 months ago.Category: Real Estate Law
1/9/2018
Real Estate Lawyer: Infolawyer, Lawyer replied 6 months ago
Infolawyer, Lawyer
Greetings! I am a legal expert on the site and am working on your question.
There is lack of relationship. It’s also too far removed and unrelated to the alleged claim.You want to prepare your case by creating a time line starting from the earliest event. For each event, write down key details and witnesses and if there is a document that relates to it, save it and refer to it. This timeline can be very valuable in narrating your case and presenting it later in a concrete and specific way.Please let me know if the reply is acceptable by responding “yes” or “acceptable”
I am sorry if I didn't state the question clear enough, but this does not even began to answer the question I presented, If you want to pass it back so someone else can answer that would be fine, but for clarity:
*this case is waiting to be seen if it can be overturned on an appeal
**this case has gone on for over 8 yrs
***initially the case was dismissed without prejudice, refiled and it was granted in part and denied in part, defendants filed motion for summary judgement and it was granted in full
*****We filed and appeal and trying to get it overturned for fraud and breech of contract
******The breech of contract is the argument of them trying to use a old notice of acceleration from a different entity to say that they met the requirements of establishing that they properly sent out a notice of acceleration to foreclosePlease let me know if this is something you can answer to pass back so it can be answered by someone that may know, and thanks again
I will open to my Colleagues.