Real Estate Law

Have real estate law questions? Ask a real estate lawyer.

I purchased a timeshare in Las Vegas from the LV Tower 52…

Customer Question
I purchased a timeshare...

I purchased a timeshare in Las Vegas from the LV Tower 52 Vacation Suites on Dec 30th, 2017. However they did not go over the 5 day period and right of rescission. Instead they quickly ran through paper work. As I am now able to review for clarity, there were a lot of verbal lies in this sale. Hard to prove I realize but one thing sticks out the paper with the cost states March 28th, 2018 as a due date, which will be the last date of my payments toward the down payment. Is it possible that I can still cancel as the purchaser if I have not satisfied the down payment?

Lawyer's Assistant: You can discuss that with the Real Estate Lawyer or ask for a different Real Estate Lawyer.

I don't have one yet who do you recommend?

Lawyer's Assistant: Have you thoroughly reviewed the contract?

As best I understand it yes....

Lawyer's Assistant: Has any paperwork been filed?

Not sure it all just happened on new years eve..eve...

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

Not sure just what I have told you so far I guess

Submitted: 5 months ago.Category: Real Estate Law
1/8/2018
Real Estate Lawyer: Loren, Lawyer replied 5 months ago
Loren, Lawyer

Unfortunately, if you fail to complete a scheduled payment then you are in breach and the timeshare company can sue you for the unpaid amounts under the contract, plus any other damages the contract allows.

Was the 5 day cancellation included in the contract you were given?

just not verbally told about it. I just found it today when going over the documents.

Thank you for the additional information.

The statute only requires that the cancellation be included in the contract. Additionally, where there is a written contract, only the terms on paper are relevant and admissible in court.

I am sorry. I wish I could tell you otherwise, but I do not want you exposing yourself to further liability and spinning your wheels on this.

Did you have further questions? Have I answered your question? Please let me know.

If you have no further questions please remember to rate my service (5 Stars) so that I am credited by JA for answering your question and also so that I may close the question.

There is no additional charge to you for a 5 star rating of my service.

Thank you!