Real Estate Law

Have real estate law questions? Ask a real estate lawyer.

My daughter leased a condo in a rental complex in Raleigh,

Customer Question
My daughter leased a...

My daughter leased a condo in a rental complex in Raleigh, NC July, she was just told that she has 12 days to move out because the condo is being foreclosed on by the Rental Company for non-payment of association fees. Do they have right to evict her so quickly?

Lawyer's Assistant: Because real estate law varies from place to place, can you tell me what state the association is in?

North Carolina

Lawyer's Assistant: Has any paperwork been filed?

Paperwork for what?

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Real Estate Law
1/5/2018
Real Estate Lawyer: Lori, Lawyer replied 7 months ago
Lori
Lori, Lawyer

Hello. Let me see if I can assist. That seems very unreasonable. It is a notice from the landlord or Association? or is it a order or writ of possession from the Court. She would be required to have notice and opportunity to be heard in the foreclosure action.

Has the foreclosure action been commenced? does your daughter have a written lease?