Real Estate Law

Have real estate law questions? Ask a real estate lawyer.

To whom this may concern,my husband and I purchased a home…

Customer Question
To whom this may concern,my...
To whom this may concern,my husband and I purchased a home from a company called Walter Mortgage about 7 or 8 years ago.The company has changed Hands 3 times,we were trying to refinance our home with them,they refused to do so.And we just found out that they never reported this on our credit.Is there anything we can do to keep our home?
Submitted: 3 months ago.Category: Real Estate Law
1/5/2018
Real Estate Lawyer: Law Educator, Esq., Lawyer replied 3 months ago

Thank you for your question. I look forward to working with you to provide you the information you are seeking for educational purposes only. Please feel free to ignore any phone service request, the expert does not send those unless asked by customer and they are sent by the site automatically.

There is no law mandating they report the mortgage to the credit bureaus. You would need to seek to refinance with some other company if they are refusing to refinance your loan. You have proof you have paid on time to show the other loan companies and you can prove the equity in the home and it is not your fault that the lender did not report to the credit bureaus so the other lenders would consider that as well.

Other than seeking a loan through another lender, I am afraid that is all you can do to get away from this lender.

Please do not forget to leave positive feedback by clicking on the 5 stars at the top of your page, as the experts are not employees of the site and get no credit for spending time with customers unless they leave positive feedback. Thank you.

Law Educator, Esq., Lawyer