Real Estate Law

Have real estate law questions? Ask a real estate lawyer.

Problem with neighbor after hurricane. Tree in her yard

Hi! Problem with neighbor...

Hi! Problem with neighbor after hurricane. Tree in her yard falling down, root structure on my side of the fence. Currently having pavers put in. Neighbor said no money to take tree down. Unable to reach her after storm went ahead with pavers. If I cut roots tree will go down in her backyard. She wont let me take tree out says she has someone coming in february. What can I do? Am I liable if I cut roots and it falls?

Lawyer's Assistant: What state are you in? It matters because laws vary by location.

Florida

Lawyer's Assistant: Has anything been filed or reported?

Had city inspector send letter

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

Just my liability - I've spent 1100.00 since owning this house to cut trees from her yard that were damaging my house. Offered to pay for tree removal so I can finish my backyard

1/5/2018
legalgems
legalgems, Arbitrator

Hello! I will be reviewing your question and posting a response momentarily; if you have any follow up questions please respond here. Thanks!

So to be clear part of the root system encroaches upon your property?

legalgems
legalgems, Arbitrator
Some root structure on my side whole tree and roots on her side.
Joycelaw
Joycelaw, Attorney
Phone call session started