Real Estate Law

Have Real Estate Law Questions? Ask a Real Estate Lawyer.

Real Estate Law

I live in a condo in the Western Suburbs that floods in the…

Customer Question
I live in a...

I live in a condo in the Western Suburbs that floods in the summer and now that winter is present, it is very cold. I left messages with the operator and someone from management came to investigate on Thursday morning but Thursday night the same thing occurred. W HAT SHOULD I DO! I feel like I made a bad investment.

Lawyer's Assistant: What state are you in? It matters because laws vary by location.

CHICAGO IN THE WESTERN SUBURBS

Lawyer's Assistant: Has anything been filed or reported?

MANAGEMENT IS VERY AWARE OF THE FLOODING BECAUSE THEY HAVE REPLACED MY CARPET SEVERAL TIMES. I ALSO NOTIFIED MY INSURANCE COMPANY OF THE SEVERAL FLOOD INCIDENCES. I RENTED THIS CONDO OUT FOR MANY YEARS BUT NOW I LIVE THERE AND I AM NOT HAPPY.

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

MANAGEMENT IS AWARE OF THE COLDNESS AS WELL. A WHILE AGO, I NOTIFIED THE OWNERS OF THE CONDO ABOUT THE FLOODING AND I GOT THE IMPRESSION, MY CONCERNS WERE NOT IMPORTANT. I HAVE NOT NOTIFIED THE OWNERS OF THE COLDNESS. I REALLY NEED HELP.

Submitted: 1 month ago.Category: Real Estate Law
1/5/2018
Real Estate Lawyer: Attyadvisor, Attorney replied 1 month ago
Attyadvisor
Attyadvisor, Attorney

Welcome and thank you for your question. I will be the professional that will be assisting you.

When you have a condo the Board is responsible for common area elements flooding. If they knew about the flooding and did not disclose this you have a fraud action against the Board and the owners. Where in the Western Suburbs are you located so I can provide a link for local Attorneys that provide FREE consultations in your area?

Can you respond to my question?

Attyadvisor
Attyadvisor
Attyadvisor, Attorney