Real Estate Law

Have real estate law questions? Ask a real estate lawyer.

I have a single family home I want to sell. How will the…

Customer Question
I have a single...

I have a single family home I want to sell. How will the 2012 bankruptcy discharge and the death of my husband effect the sale of my home?

Lawyer's Assistant: Because real estate law varies from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?

Arizona

Lawyer's Assistant: Has any paperwork been filed?

No

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

There is a will in place that was created in the 1990's

Submitted: 6 months ago.Category: Real Estate Law
1/4/2018
Real Estate Lawyer: Legal Eagle, Lawyer replied 6 months ago
Legal Eagle, Lawyer

Hello! I am a licensed attorney, admitted to practice in state and federal court. I have a nearly 100% satisfaction rating (click here for more info) so all that means is that you can count on me to help today. Because I want to provide you with the most accurate answer possible, do you mind if I take a moment to review your question?

Please keep in mind that our conversation does not include an attorney-client relationship and this is for general information purposes only.

I'm sorry to hear about your husband's death. So, was your home included in the bankruptcy? Was this a chapter 7 bankruptcy or a chapter 13?