Real Estate Law

Have real estate law questions? Ask a real estate lawyer.

My son is living in a camper on property which he owns that…

Customer Question
My son is living...

My son is living in a camper on property which he owns that me and my husband cosigned for. We have a delimma...he has a live in girl friend that is causing problems and is destructive. We are needing to get her off of the property. How do we go about doing that? My son is not renting the property (trailer-camper)....we own it. We are afraid that she will do something to destroy the property since she has already tried beating my son.

Lawyer's Assistant: Because laws vary from place to place, can you tell me what state the property is in?

KY

Lawyer's Assistant: Has any paperwork been filed?

No, we wanted to try and get her off of the property by asking her to do so first

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

No, we just wanted to know the best way to handle the situation. My son has PTSD and he just needs to have this person leave the premises as she is constantly arguing with him and causing problems.

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Real Estate Law
1/4/2018
Real Estate Lawyer: Loren, Lawyer replied 7 months ago
Loren, Lawyer

When you say you cosigned, do you mean the loan only, or are you on title, as well.

Is your son the legal owner of record?