Real Estate Law

Have real estate law questions? Ask a real estate lawyer.

My mother myself and my brother own some land. My mother…

Customer Question
My mother myself and...

My mother myself and my brother own some land. My mother died a few years ago. I would like to sell the property and my bother wants to keep it. Is there a way I can sell my share or force him to sell it.

Lawyer's Assistant: Where is the property located?

Annendale Mn Annendale Mn

Lawyer's Assistant: Has any paperwork been filed?

File for what?

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Real Estate Law
1/4/2018
Real Estate Lawyer: Infolawyer, Lawyer replied 8 months ago
Infolawyer, Lawyer
Practically you both should negotiate one of you selling to the other or selling the whole and sharing proceeds.If cannot agree can bring a partition acfion in court to accomplish such a sale.martindale.com and findlaw.com are both excellent lookup directories. Both highly rated. Both used by lawyers. Easy to search and find local options.Please let me know if the reply is acceptable by responding “yes” or “acceptable”
Thanks. Please select the 5 star (*****) rating on your page for the answer. Happy Holidays!