Real Estate Law

Have real estate law questions? Ask a real estate lawyer.

Eleven yrs ago I rented my apartment. Deposited $900 for…

Customer Question
Eleven yrs ago I...

Eleven yrs ago I rented my apartment. Deposited $900 for security deposit. $300 for pet deposit for dog and $300 let deposit for bird. My dog just cried and I want to transfer deposit previously paid for a new pet. New owner now, who said he never received that account because old owner stole that money. What are my rights. Can I expect them to transfer my $300.00 toward a new pet? They want another $300.00.

Lawyer's Assistant: Because laws vary from place to place, can you tell me what state the property is in?

California

Lawyer's Assistant: Has any paperwork been filed?

I never received original rent contract because was written in pencil and I would not sign. For 3 yrs I kept requesting my contract in pen or tylewritten. The girl was fired and I never got my legal contract.

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Real Estate Law
Answered in 1 minute by:
1/3/2018
Real Estate Lawyer: Barrister, Lawyer replied 4 months ago
Barrister, Lawyer

Hello and welcome! My name is ***** ***** I am a licensed attorney and will try my best to help with your situation. There may be a slight delay in my responses as I type out an answer or reply.

.

Do you have proof of paying the deposits to the old landlord?

.

.

thanks

You don't need to post multiple questions as you get charged for each one.... I closed the other one and am waiting on your response...

No. Original contract in pencil. Would not sign. Wanted in pen or typed. Tried for 3 yrs. But girl fired and I never receivership contract. I am stuck between rock and hard place
Forget and DO NOT BILLme.

I will send you over to JustAnswer customer service and they can help process a refund for you...

Thank you
Tina, Lawyer