Real Estate Law

Have real estate law questions? Ask a real estate lawyer.

I purchased a home June 30th 2017. I was told to find an…

Customer Question
I purchased a home...

I purchased a home June 30th 2017. I was told to find an insurance company to get an amount for one full year of home owner insurance. An All State agent the paperwork

Lawyer's Assistant: Because real estate law varies from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?

To the lender. As part of a grant the one year was paid in full in advance. They sent a paper in the mail yesterday saying it was canceled on November 21st what can I do, This was paid in full , they sent a check! It’s been six months not a year, what can I do?

Lawyer's Assistant: Has anything been filed or reported?

Michigan

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

I Tried to talk with them on the phone, but they informed me that the agents that I was working with no longer work with them, I sent them the information that they wanted several times, this is the second time they have changed my policy and raised the price after being paid the full amount for a year and have canceled it

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Real Estate Law
Answered in 1 hour by:
1/3/2018
Real Estate Lawyer: WiseOwl58, Lawyer replied 7 months ago
WiseOwl58
WiseOwl58, Lawyer

Under Michigan law, they are required to continue your policy in force for a period of one year that was paid in advance. Obviously there is some error on the part of the insurance company that they do not have a record of payment for the full year credited to your account. If you can provide them with any documenation to help them match the grant payment to your accoiunt that would be helpful.

Otherwise, I suggest you file a complaint with the Michigan Department of Insurance who will investigate and reinstate your policy.

Here is the link to file the Michigan state complaint:

http://www.michigan.gov/difs/0,5269,7-303-12902_12907---,00.html

Please rate five stars ***** by clicking on five stars ***** and pressing send.

A bonus is appreciated after you rate.

Good luck to you and happy new year. I wish you all the best.

Please rate five stars ***** by clicking on five stars and pressing send.

A bonus is always appreciated after you rate.

I recommend that you file a report for a lost or stolen IRS check. That way they will speedily stop payment on whatever was or may never have been issued to you, and they will issue new checks right away. This is the fastest way to get payment at this point.

You should fill out this form and submit it to the address below. This will work quickly. Start filling the form at Section 1. The top section is for IRS use for response.

https://www.irs.gov/pub/irs-pdf/f3911.pdf

Department of the Treasury
Internal Revenue Service
Ogden, UT###-##-####/p>

A bonus is appreciated after you rate.