Real Estate Law

Have real estate law questions? Ask a real estate lawyer.

I am a the buyer in a condo purchase, it is 9 days till the…

Customer Question
I am a the...

I am a the buyer in a condo purchase , it is 9 days till the tentative closing date. I realized that my financial abilities will be compromised owning 2 homes. After other personal reasons I need to breach the contract. Can the seller sue me for more damages other than losing the down payment.. I am a non resident buying in florida.

Lawyer's Assistant: Because real estate law varies from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?

Florida

Lawyer's Assistant: Has anything been filed or reported?

I just notified my real estate agent this morning.....

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

I had put a $2500.00 down payment

Submitted: 6 months ago.Category: Real Estate Law
Answered in 1 minute by:
1/3/2018
Real Estate Lawyer: Loren, Lawyer replied 6 months ago
Loren, Lawyer

Thank you for using JA. I am Loren, a Florida licensed attorney for over 30 yrs., and I am here to help.

I am a certified expert on JustAnswer since 2009, with nearly 100% in 5 star ratings. So, we should be able to work through your problem.

I appreciate your patience as I review your question. I will post my response shortly.

This is general information and no attorney client relationship is established.

The site may ask you if you wish to speak by phone for an extra charge. Many find the phone call to be the easiest and fastest way to get the information they need without posting on a public forum. I am also happy to continue online.

There may be a slight delay in my replies as I am assisting other JA customers also. I will reply to your follow up questions.

WHILE WE ARE CHATTING DO NOT CLICK ON THE BUTTON TO REQUEST A SECOND OPINION. IT WILL LOCK ME OUT OF THE CHAT AND PREVENT ME FROM REPLYING TO YOU.

Does the contract contain a liquidated damages provision regarding breach by the buyer.

not sure I understand where those might be in the contract

Under the paragraph regarding breach.

Can you upload the contract here?

I can send it to your email
I will send it to my.justanswer.com care of Loren Lawyer

I do not have an email on JustAnswer.

How do you want to see the contract

You can upload it on this page.

I will try that

ok

I afraid this is not a secured site... I have private information on this contract

Then I can offer you a premium service at an additional cost to communicate privately.

how much will that cost

$60

ok
After reading the agreement terms I have changed my mind.

Ok. Good luck.