Real Estate Law

Have real estate law questions? Ask a real estate lawyer.

I am in florida, and my LL failed to send me a renewal

Customer Question
I am in florida...

I am in florida, and my LL failed to send me a renewal letter, I walked into the office in late October and asked what do I need to terminate my lease, and was given a letter to vacate the property, however when I turned it in, it was a few days before my lease was set to expire, they are now telling me they plan to penalize me 2 months rent. The LL never made any attempt to Renew my lease, and so when the day came that my lease was up, I decided to move, as opposed to going month-month. So am I Liable to now have to pay them an additional 2 months rent?

Lawyer's Assistant: Because laws vary from place to place, can you tell me what state the property is in?

Florida

Lawyer's Assistant: Has any paperwork been filed?

No

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Real Estate Law
1/3/2018
Real Estate Lawyer: RealEstateAnswer, Lawyer replied 7 months ago
RealEstateAnswer

Hi! I will be the professional that will be helping you today. I look forward to providing you with information to help with your question and concern

Does your lease state that you have to provide any notice if you were be vacating at the end of it?

Does it state you need to provide a 30 or 60 day notice to the landlord?