Real Estate Law

Have real estate law questions? Ask a real estate lawyer.

If you and the landlord lose the rent agreement and he turns…

Customer Question
If you and the...

If you and the landlord lose the rent agreement and he turns the house over to a rental agent and they don't wright up a new rent agreement . What happens ?

Lawyer's Assistant: Because real estate law varies from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?

Ca.

Lawyer's Assistant: Has anything been filed or reported?

With what ?

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

Not now

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Real Estate Law
1/3/2018
Real Estate Lawyer: Thomas Swartz, Lawyer replied 8 months ago
Thomas Swartz

Hello JACUSTOMER,

Your landlord will still be bound by the terms of the original lease agreement. The problem is that without a written piece of paper to spell out the terms of the lease, the parties will have to rely on their own recollection of what the terms of the agreement were. But the rental agent would not be able to substitute new or different terms to the agreement. The rental agent still has to be bound by the terms of the original agreement.

Thomas