Real Estate Law

Have real estate law questions? Ask a real estate lawyer.

What is it going to cost me to have a Variance prepared and…

Customer Question
What is it going...

What is it going to cost me to have a Variance prepared and filed for my property line?

Lawyer's Assistant: It can cost anywhere from $10 to $100, depending on the type of issue and how much of the Lawyer's time your question is expected to take (how complex and lengthy an answer you require).

It would be in resolution of a 10 year old encroachment issue. Both parties are in agreement on the new "line," I have a current survey, and a price has been agreed upon between the 2 parties. Would it still be between $10 and $100?

Lawyer's Assistant: Because real estate law varies from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?

I am in Louisville, Jefferson County, Kentucky.

Lawyer's Assistant: Has anything been filed or reported?

No.

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

No, want to keep it as simple and efficient as possible.

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Real Estate Law
Answered in 5 days by:
1/8/2018
Real Estate Lawyer: Lori, Lawyer replied 7 months ago
Lori
Lori, Lawyer

Hello. Let me see if I can assist you. You will need to submit a variance application to Jefferson County for approval. The variance will require a public hearing on the matter. The variance can cost anywhere from a few hundred dollars to a $1000 depending on whether the County was an opinion of a surveyor or other expert.

Below is the link to the County ordinance. Sec. 3.9.0 is about variances:

http://www.co.jefferson.id.us/use_images/Ordinances/ZoningOrdinance3.11.2013.pdf

The variance application is attached.

Hope that helps.

Please be sure to accept my responses so I get credit for assisting you.