Real Estate Law

Have real estate law questions? Ask a real estate lawyer.

If you have a quik claim deed signed,notarized by adult

Customer Question
If you have a...

If you have a quik claim deed signed,notarized by adult children of deceased and recorded at courthouse and gone thru estate probate. Can you sell the property with out the adult children signing any more of said property legal papers?

Lawyer's Assistant: Because real estate law varies from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?

Florida

Lawyer's Assistant: Has any paperwork been filed?

Yes the property paper work and the probated paperwork

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

Yes

Submitted: 6 months ago.Category: Real Estate Law
1/2/2018
Real Estate Lawyer: RealEstateAnswer, Lawyer replied 6 months ago
RealEstateAnswer

Hi! I will be the professional that will be helping you today. I look forward to providing you with information to help with your question and concern

Good morning. Just to be clear, the home passed to the adult children and there are a few of them on the title now who have an ownership interest?

good morning I dont want any of the Step adult children to give me any more trouble-My realtor says that the adult children have to sign another quik claim deed giving me the property back-it was mine to begin with- the adult children might have to sign another paper with the statement that they are single ,married etc, ALSO that it is non-homestead property---I want to sell the property and move on with my life.WHAT could the answer be

If the title is held by others, they would need to agree to give up their legal right and all transfer their legal right and interest back to you. Unless they all agree to this, you would only take whatever interested is shared and given. If you want to sell it, you would need to 1) get it back if held by someone else and 2) hold it solely in your name so you can sell it and then convey title to the buyer.

Please let me know if you have any follow up questions or need any clarification on something which I stated above. Also, remember to rate my service at the top of this page, before exiting the site, so I can receive credit for my help. I hope you found it to be 5 STARS! Only rate my answer when you are 100% satisfied. If you feel the need to click either of the two lower ratings to the left, please stop and reply to me. I want to make sure your experience with the site was as pleasurable as possible and that you are satisfied with the help I provided.

I just wanted to follow up and see if you had any other questions or needed me to clarify something. I am here to help, so please let me know. Thanks!