Real Estate Law

Have real estate law questions? Ask a real estate lawyer.

I am interested in finding any law in OR statutes that

Customer Question
I am interested in...

I am interested in finding any law in OR statutes that prohibits against any dare against not having a house promised from a promised date later than the one agreed upon. Lost valuable gem minerals due to recalibraction logo costs, thank you.

Lawyer's Assistant: What steps have you taken so far? Have you prepared or filed any paperwork?

Not yet

Lawyer's Assistant: Have you talked to an Oregon lawyer about this?

Only discussed in WA text...

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

I have A LEGITIMATE CASE AGAINST ***** ***** owner of DEX yellow pages Start in 02/15/17.

Submitted: 6 months ago.Category: Real Estate Law
12/30/2017
Real Estate Lawyer: Legal Eagle, Lawyer replied 6 months ago
Legal Eagle, Lawyer
Hello. I am an attorney here to help. If I understand you correctly, you're asking what is the law if someone doesn't deliver property when they said they would, correct?
absolutely. I expected a complicated case.
Understood. One moment.
If you did not get what you paid for at the time it was promised to you, then it is possible that you may have a cause of action to get your money back or recover any money that you lost and that the bother party knew you would use lost with their failure to deliver the property. A breach of contract just simply means that one party was obligated to perform and they have either have not performed or have said that they will not perform. Typically, the aggrieved party is entitled to be returned to the same position they were in before the breach. There’s a site that I’ve used in the past where you can find a good template for advising of a breach of contract. It's a bit easier (and cheaper) than going through litigation and I have seen it be effective in the past. If this doesn’t work, sadly, the only other option is to either go through an informal mediation or file a lawsuit in your local court. I know mediation hasn't worked out too well, but sometimes a letter like this may make a big difference in helping to assert your rights. Otherwise, you may need to head to small claims. This website is also pretty cool because you can download the forms right after purchasing. Go to verycgeaplegalforms.blogspot.com for more info.
Oregon follows the common law regarding contract so you can rest assured that this would apply in that state. Did you have any other questions for me?
I am not eager to discuss in the the late. Please discuss after 01/18.
Hi please ignore the phone call if that's what you are talking about. :)