Real Estate Law

Have real estate law questions? Ask a real estate lawyer.

Do I have to transfer the deed of this building from my name…

Customer Question
Do I have to transfer...
Do I have to transfer the deed of this building from my name to the LLC name?
Submitted: 6 months ago.Category: Real Estate Law
12/30/2017
Real Estate Lawyer: Barrister, Lawyer replied 6 months ago
Barrister, Lawyer

Hello and welcome! My name is ***** ***** I am a licensed attorney and will try my best to help with your situation. There may be a slight delay in my responses as I type out an answer or reply.

.

Yes, if you are looking to provide protection from personal liability, you have to deed the building out of your personal name and into the LLC's name by having a new deed prepared with you as the Grantor transferring the property to the LLC as the Grantee.

.

Any local title or closing company should be able to draft a deed for you for around $100 or so. They can also help with getting it executed and recorded. A real estate attorney can also do the same thing, but will be slower and more expensive..

.

.

thanks

Hello again,

.

I just wanted to touch base with you and check in.

.

Did you have any further questions I can help with?

.

.

Thanks much