Real Estate Law

Have real estate law questions? Ask a real estate lawyer.

Can a management company of my neighborhood association

Customer Question
refuse to give me association...
Can a management company of my neighborhood association refuse to give me association board members contact info? In WA state.
Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Real Estate Law
12/29/2017
Real Estate Lawyer: Lori, Lawyer replied 4 months ago
Lori
Lori, Lawyer

Hello. Let me see if I can assist you. the short answer is no. the board members are public information and that information needs to be maintained by the Association. You may wish to seek that information from the Association directly (not the management company) as the Association is required to maintain corporate books.

Hope that helps.

A positive rating would be greatly appreciated.

Is there an RCW I can site?Can the management company tell me the written association rules and regulations are outdated and don’t apply in all situations? Seems like a legal document to me.

Associations are governed by the recorded Declaration and Covenants, Rules and regulations as well as their maintained corporate books and records. they are required to keep these documents and some of them (covenants) are recorded in the public records.

You may also be able to find some useful information by performing a search of the Association on the State's Secretary of State website: https://ccfs.sos.wa.gov/#/

Hope that helps.

Lori
Lori
Lori, Lawyer