Real Estate Law

Have Real Estate Law Questions? Ask a Real Estate Lawyer.

Real Estate Law

I have properly executed p&s with quit claim deed against…

Customer Question
I have properly executed...

I have properly executed p&s with quit claim deed against property

Lawyer's Assistant: What steps have you taken so far? Have you prepared or filed any paperwork?

I have been served summons and complaint to return real estate I purchased at purchasers request

Lawyer's Assistant: Where is the property located?

Sabattus

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

I filed motion to dismiss but did not state rule 56 so judge said I didn’t state claim am trying to do amend motion now all parties are elderly we are late 60 they 80 they have free legal we dont

Submitted: 1 month ago.Category: Real Estate Law
12/29/2017
Real Estate Lawyer: Dwayne B., Attorney replied 1 month ago
Dwayne B.
Dwayne B., Attorney

Hello and thank you for contacting us. This is Dwayne B. and I’m an expert here and looking forward to assisting you today.

Please allow me several minutes to read your facts and type my response both initially and when you add a follow up question or add facts. Please don't ask "are you there", "where is my answer", etc., since when you post it can erase what I am working on. If we are having a conversation unless I tell you I am going offline, I will be here but I may be doing research.

Is there a specific question with which I could assist?

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Do I have to state rule 56(b) when I file my motion to dismiss

You have to state the components of the rule, although generally it isn't necessary to specifically state the rule number. Stating the rule number just make it easier and more clear for the judge.

Since you are already amending the motion it doesn't hurt to go ahead and insert the rule and explain why it applies.

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Ok

Did you have an additional question?

If your question has been answered then I'd offer my best wishes to you and ask that you please not forget to leave a 5 Star Positive Rating so I receive credit for my work. Also please consider clicking "BONUS" as a nice way of saying "thanks" for a job well done, although this is neither required nor expected. Of course, please feel free to ask any follow-up questions in this thread. I want to be sure all of your questions are answered.

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
No other questions
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
No

Your last statement was "no". What was that in reference to?

Dwayne B.
Dwayne B.
Dwayne B., Attorney