Real Estate Law

Connect one-on-one with a verified real estate lawyer who will answer your question

Dwayne B.
Dwayne B.
Dwayne B., Attorney

More related answers
All real estate lawyers are VERIFIED
Ray I got a postcard from Trial Court Friday that said the
Ray, Lawyer
RayI got a postcard from Trial Court Friday that said the defendants' motion for enlargement of time to file their admissions to my complaint for damages and jury demand was denied.Question: What's my… read more
MOTION TO AMEND A COMPLAINT AND NOTICE FROM LANDLORD TO
RobertJDFL, Attorney
I AM LOOKING FOR A MOTION TO AMEND A COMPLAINT FOR EVICTION AND NOTICE FROM LANDLORD TO TENANT-TERMINATION FOR FAILURE TO PAY RENT … read more
I'm a co owner of real estate in which I reside in a house
N Cal Attorney
N Cal Attorney, JD
I'm a co owner of real estate in which I reside in a house that I personally built on said property in 1981. The property already had a house on it that my family rents out on a month to month basis. … read more
I filed a complaint against first American title company in
WiseOwl58
WiseOwl58, JD Honors Graduate
I filed a complaint against first American title company in November 2014. they never answered so I filed default in march of 2015. that default was not granted and april 2015 they filed a demurrer as… read more
Great! It was suggested by a local attorney to remove all
Ray, Lawyer
Great! It was suggested by a local attorney to remove all other parties from the complaint I created and just name the original party. This is a quiet title complaint that has two successive parties o… read more
In Pennsylvania - Business loan which was originally secured
Roger, Litigation Attorney
In Pennsylvania - Business loan which was originally secured by a simple promissory note (no collateral). The lender asked for a private mortgage on a personally property to secure the loan (with no a… read more
Received notice through mail that UD had been filed which was
Seattle Scott
Seattle Scott, Private practice attorney
Received notice through mail that UD had been filed which was 3 weeks before 60 day notice expired. With new case no. since prior notice was 30 days and that case never went to trial because we were o… read more
Petition & citation named deceased as defendant. process server
Irwin Law
Irwin Law, Juris Doctor JD
Petition & citation named deceased as defendant. process server named deceased as person he served in the officer's return section of the Notice (citation). Yet he crossed out deceased's name & hand w… read more
I bought a house in 2006 while I was still married. the title company printed the mortgage
Roger, Litigation Attorney
I bought a house in 2006 while I was still married. the title company printed the mortgage papers with my incorrect name (my first name but my husband's last name which I had not changed my name to) I… read more
in a quiet title case in federal court...the defendants filed
Roger, Litigation Attorney
in a quiet title case in federal court...the defendants filed a motion to dismiss..the judge denied it and denied my motion to remand, summary judgement...i dont know where to go from here...discovery… read more
In 2000 my father gave my newborn son (his namesake) 2 acres
legaleagle
legaleagle, Attorney
In 2000 my father gave my newborn son (his namesake) 2 acres of land by a properly executed quit claim deed. He then gave the deed to me. I never got around to recording it. In 2008 he signed an oil/g… read more
I filed an eviction package in Small Claims Court on behalf
Roger, Litigation Attorney
I filed an eviction package in Small Claims Court on behalf of my mom, who is the owner or the company, which owns the property in question. The tenant responded that I can not represent a company, th… read more
This question is for PaulJMD I was in court and the Judge
Law Educator, Esq., real estate lawyer
This question is for PaulJMD I was in court and the Judge ruled and granted the Plaintiff atty's fee's cost and expense. The attorney filed with the recorder of deeds the same day placing a lein on 4 … read more
This question is for PaulMJD Im the Plaintiff, Prose, I
Law Educator, Esq., real estate lawyer
This question is for PaulMJD I'm the Plaintiff, Prose, I filed a Complaint, Me v SOS Condo Assoc. , The Bd Of Directors, The Board Members, each received a summons. (3) Is that Correct? The Defendant … read more
I have file a motion for leave to amend eviction complaint
Legalease
Legalease, Attorney At Law
I have file a motion for leave to amend eviction complaint after the tenants were served with original complaint and have also filed a motion to dismiss and motion to determine rent amount. My questio… read more
My wife and I just got a ruling from the judge, we dont fully
Mark
Mark, Attorney
My wife and I just got a ruling from the judge, we don't fully understand it, and we would like to know to know what we cant do next? Here is the ruling. UNITED STATES DISTRICT COURT WESTERN DISTRICT … read more
I served a 5 day notice on a tenant that hasnt paid for months.
Lucy, Esq., Juris Doctor
I served a 5 day notice on a tenant that hasn't paid for months. Went to Cook County, IL clerk of court filed a complaint and summons. Sheriff couldn't serve the summons as in the complaint I typed 11… read more
what can they take from me if I let a second home go into foreclosure
Roger, Litigation Attorney
what can they take from me if I let a second home go into foreclosure ? I have equity in my primary residence and savings and a IRA.... is ther a cap on deficiency judgements ?… read more