Real Estate Law

Have Real Estate Law Questions? Ask a Real Estate Lawyer.

Real Estate Law

HELP, mY SISTER HAS BEEN IN MY FATHERS APARTMENTFOR 20 YEARS…

Customer Question
HELP, mY SISTER HAS...

HELP, mY SISTER HAS BEEN IN MY FATHERS APARTMENTFOR 20 YEARS PLUS. wE PAID HER HUSBAND TO DO WORK. hE IS A CONTRACTOR. tHEY LIVE LIKE PIGS. tHEY HAVE DEVALUED MY FATHEERS APARTMENTS. BROTHER INLAW TOOK OUT WALL AND HAS MOTORCYCLES IN OTHER APT, NEED MONEY FOR DADS CAREGIVEERS. THEY HAVE BEEN DEADBEEAT TENANST FOR YEARS. WE HAVE LOST 222,000. MY SISTER NEVER WANTS TO SPEAK WITH ME. ALSO WANT. tHEY TOOK OUT KITCHEN ANDD WALL WITHOUT MY FATHERS CONSENT. MY DAD WAS FINED FOR THIS. NEED HELP GOING CRAZY. WEE CAN RENT APTS EACH FOR 1,600.00 . CANNOT LET ANOTHER DAY GO BY. NEED MONEY FOR DADS CARE AND CAREGIVERS. I AM IN PUERTO RICO AND IN CRISIS.

Lawyer's Assistant: Because laws vary from place to place, can you tell me what state the property is in?

CALIFORNIA

Lawyer's Assistant: Has any paperwork been filed?

NO. NO CONTRACT FOR APARTMENTS. HAVE PAPERWORK FOR WORK PAID FOR NOT DONE. THINK HE WANTS APARTMENT TO DETERIOATE TOBUY CHEAP.

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

WANT TO RESOLVE

Submitted: 1 month ago.Category: Real Estate Law
12/29/2017
Real Estate Lawyer: Damien Bosco, Attorney replied 1 month ago
Damien Bosco
Damien Bosco, Attorney

Hello: My name is ***** ***** I am an attorney.

Is your Father still alive?

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
my father is alive and 91 y/o, the apartment are part of our living trust. My sister thinks that she should be given apartments.

if the apartment is held in the living trust, is your Father the trustee, or someone else? It sounds like your Father is being unduly influenced by your sister. Does he have his mental capacity?

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
I am his power of attorney, but my sister is deaf to any communication. Right now I am paying wirh my card some od dads bills.
Need to evict or find a way. They do not listen to me.

Is your Father in agreement with you that they should be evicted?

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
NO MY FATHER WOULD NEVER DO THAT HE IS SO HUMBLE. HOW WOULD I START TO CONFRONT THEM
I WANTED TO SEND A LETTER, AGREEMENT CONTRACT STATING THAT THEY WOULD HAVE TO PAY 1/3 OF UTILITIES, INSERTING THE NEW LAW RE NO SMOKING AND NO SMOKING MARIJUANA IN THE HOME.
AGREEMENT OR LETTER STATING THAT ALL WORK THAT WAS PAID FOR HAD TO BE FINISHED BY JAN 31
ALL WORK PAID FOR HAD TO BE FINISHED OR WE WOULD PUT HOLD ON CONTRACTORS LIC.
THE WALL HE TORE DOWN WITHOUT PERMISSION HAD TO BE REPLACE ALONG WITH THE KITCHEN AND ALL APPLIANCE THAT WERE IN THE APARTMENT AT THAT TIME.
WE NEED HELP. THESE PERSON ARE SLICK AND JUST IGNORE. I NEED ACTION. NEED TO TAKE CARE OF MY FATHER #1 AND A DISABLED SISTER #2
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
MY INFO ON PAYMENT HAS BEEN UPDATED. AT PRESENT I WILL NOT TAKE PHONE CALL.
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
I NEVER GOT AN ANSWER.
You can send the letter.
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
How should I go a out that. Do you help with that?
Tina, Lawyer