Real Estate Law

Have real estate law questions? Ask a real estate lawyer.

I have sold my house escrow has not closed yet. Ca. Can i…

Customer Question
I have sold my...

I have sold my house escrow has not closed yet

Lawyer's Assistant: Because real estate law varies from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?

Ca

Lawyer's Assistant: Has any paperwork been filed?

Yes

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

Can i back out and what should i expect the penalty to be

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Real Estate Law
Answered in 1 minute by:
12/29/2017
Real Estate Lawyer: legalgems, Arbitrator replied 7 months ago
legalgems
legalgems, Arbitrator

Hello! I will be reviewing your question and posting a response momentarily; if you have any follow up questions please respond here. Thanks!

Are there any contingencies that have not been satisfied or is this a personal decision? Also is there a clause that addresses the issue (usually under "liquidated damage")?