Real Estate Law

Have Real Estate Law Questions? Ask a Real Estate Lawyer.

Real Estate Law

Ohio Resrtrictions on BYOB on Residential properties? No…

Customer Question
Ohio Resrtrictions on...

Ohio Resrtrictions on BYOB on Residential properties?

Lawyer's Assistant: Has any paperwork been filed?

No

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

No violations sited. Just a residential property for meetings of all types. No sale of alcohol. BYOB ONLY

Submitted: 1 month ago.Category: Real Estate Law
12/28/2017
Real Estate Lawyer: Gerald-Esquire, Lawyer replied 1 month ago
Gerald-Esquire

Thank you for using Just Answer. Please bear with me while I review your question. I will respond fully shortly. Thank you for your patience.

Thank you for your patience and thank you for using Just Answer. I want to provide you the best service I can. Please feel free to ask any follow-up questions you have.

I am an attorney with 30 years of experience; I hope to provide you information that will help you in resolving your question.

It is NOT illegal to serve alcoholic beverages in your own home so long as you are not selling the beverages. Likewise it is not illegal for a person to bring alcoholic beverages into a person's home. The liquor control laws apply to the distribution of alcoholic beverages in commercial settings (including certain private clubs). But it does not apply to activities in a private residence.

Here are links to the pertinent laws:

http://codes.ohio.gov/orc/4301

http://codes.ohio.gov/orc/4301.58

I hope the information I provide is useful to you. I want you to be comfortable and satisfied with my attempt to assist you. Please, if you have ANY follow-up questions, feel free to ask.

If you ask a follow-up question and I do not respond immediately, it is because I am temporarily unavailable. I promise to respond as soon as I return. Please note that I am often unavailable Friday evening through Sunday.

Please do not forget to give me a positive rating. It adds nothing to your costs but helps me greatly. Thank you.

If you are dissatisfied with my response, PLEASE let me know before giving me a negative review so that I may try to be of better assistance. Or, if you prefer, let me know and I can “Opt Out” and your question can be re-posted without additional cost to you. I will be fair to you, and only ask the same from you.

Good luck.

Please note: Information is educational and not given as legal advice. Only your local attorney can give legal advice. I can't establish or accept an attorney-client relationship with you. All posts are available for public viewing.

Kind regards,

Gerald

Gerald-Esquire
Gerald-Esquire
Gerald-Esquire, Lawyer