Real Estate Law

Have real estate law questions? Ask a real estate lawyer.

House s grandfathered, may I tear house down and rebuild…

Customer Question
House s grandfathered, may...

House s grandfathered, may I tear house down and rebuild larger and roof higher

Lawyer's Assistant: What steps have you taken so far? Have you prepared or filed any paperwork?

Actually it a property next door to me on thee river. A boathouse has been grandfathered for years. House torn down-boathouse is the only property grandfathers. They have send plans for new and the footprint is the same only higher and five foot porch around. no steps yet Iam next-door and they are waiting for my approval and I want to say no.

Lawyer's Assistant: Where is the house located?

Trent Woods NC on the Trent River

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

The only buffer I have is a large piece of suhurberry

Submitted: 6 months ago.Category: Real Estate Law
Answered in 1 minute by:
12/27/2017
Real Estate Lawyer: Legal Eagle, Lawyer replied 6 months ago
Legal Eagle, Lawyer

Hello! I am a licensed attorney, admitted to practice in state and federal court. I have a nearly 100% satisfaction rating (click here for more info) so all that means is that you can count on me to help today. I want to make sure I understand your question better; is there an HOA restriction on building the house? A code restriction? I want to understand your concern about whether you can tear down your house a bit more. Please let me know.