Real Estate Law

Have real estate law questions? Ask a real estate lawyer.

I am governed by an HOA in FL and we have individual homes…

Customer Question
I am governed by...

I am governed by an HOA in FL and we have individual homes on zero lot lines. there are 3 ft easements for maintenance etc,. my question is - the HOA has approved a wall on my property line to finish a new pool - however they say i must have a written permission letter from the neighbor to allow access for the workers to paint/stucco - what do i do if the neighbor says no ?

Lawyer's Assistant: Because real estate law varies from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?

FL

Lawyer's Assistant: Has any paperwork been filed?

By paperwork - u mean w the city for permits ? no

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

No thx

Submitted: 3 months ago.Category: Real Estate Law
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call.
12/27/2017
Real Estate Lawyer: Infolawyer, Lawyer replied 3 months ago
Infolawyer, Lawyer
If there is an easement neighbor consent is a mere formality and you may warn the neighbor it’s needed if he objects and it will be wasteful and risk his liability if you need to report him to the hoa or go to court.A lawyer letter from a local lawyer can be effective in several ways. It can avoid costly litigation and help bring about a settlement. It also helps organize the claim and if it goes to court shows the judge you tried in good faith to resolve it!
martindale.com and findlaw.com are both excellent lookup directories. Both highly rated. Both used by lawyers. Easy to search and find local options.Hopefully won’t come to that.Please let me know if the reply is acceptable by responding “yes” or “acceptable”
yes
if I can elaborate on anything, just ask me. I am not set up for a call.Please let me know if the reply is acceptable by responding “yes” or “acceptable”
Tina, Lawyer