Real Estate Law

Have real estate law questions? Ask a real estate lawyer.

How do tenants of a tenancy in common protect themselves…

Customer Question
How do tenants of a...
How do tenants of a tenancy in common protect themselves from someone with minority interest?
Submitted: 3 months ago.Category: Real Estate Law
Answered in 1 minute by:
12/26/2017
Real Estate Lawyer: legalgems, Arbitrator replied 3 months ago
legalgems
legalgems, Arbitrator

Hello! I will be reviewing your question and posting a response momentarily; if you have any follow up questions please respond here. Thanks!

A co-owner cannot sell or encumber property without all owner's consent.

If a co-owner wishes to sell and the other party does not, the party wishing to sell can bring a partition lawsuit requesting the court to determine the parties' interests and to allow a buy out or a third party sale.

legalgems
legalgems
legalgems, Arbitrator