Real Estate Law

Have real estate law questions? Ask a real estate lawyer.

Recently I contact city utility for my multi units house…

Customer Question
Recently I contact city...

Recently I contact city utility for my multi units house problem, they doubt there is some illegal construction and ask for inspection, I let them in, but they can not find any thing, now they want to have a senior guy come in and inspect again, Can I say no to the city?

Lawyer's Assistant: Because real estate law varies from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?

Santa Clara city of California?

Lawyer's Assistant: Has anything been filed or reported?

No other person say anything, only based on my conversation with them

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

Oh, the city don’t have any old floor plan.

Submitted: 6 months ago.Category: Real Estate Law
12/26/2017
Real Estate Lawyer: Lori, Lawyer replied 6 months ago
Lori
Lori, Lawyer

Hello. Let me see if I can assist you today. If you contacted the city originally and they did not cite you for anything, you can decline the senior guy for a second inspection.

Hope that helps. If satisfactory, a positive rating is appreciated.