Real Estate Law

Have Real Estate Law Questions? Ask a Real Estate Lawyer.

Real Estate Law

Can the homeowner. tell that I can not work on my car in my…

Customer Question
Can the homeowner ass...

Can the homeowner ass. tell that I can not work on my car in my own garage

Lawyer's Assistant: What steps has the homeowner taken so far? Have they prepared or filed any paperwork?

The are trying to change rules

Lawyer's Assistant: Where is the property located?

Wildamar ca

Submitted: 2 months ago.Category: Real Estate Law
12/24/2017
Real Estate Lawyer: TJ, Esq., Attorney replied 2 months ago
TJ, Esq.
TJ, Esq., Attorney

Hello and thank you for the opportunity to assist you. My name is ***** ***** I will do my very best to answer your legal questions.

In general, the answer is no. If you want to work on your car in your own garage, then you may do so. However, I'll qualify that answer by pointing out that if you are causing problems for your neighbors, then the answer may change. For example, if you were to ask me if the HOA can restrict you from watching TV in your house, then in general the answer is no. But that does not mean that you have the right to turn your TV up to 600 decibels and disturb everybody in a 3 mile radius. So, the devil is in the details. But in general, if you were to work on your car in your garage, then the HOA would have no authority to stop you. How would they even know?

Does that answer your question(s)? Please let me know if you need clarification, as I am happy to continue helping you until you are satisfied. Also, please remember to provide a positive rating via the stars (and note that your positive rating is the only way that I'll get credit for helping you, so it is much appreciated!). Thank you. :)

Real Estate Lawyer: TJ, Esq., Attorney replied 1 month ago

Hello again. I didn't hear back from you, and you haven't yet rated me, so I'm just checking in to make sure that you don't need more help on this issue.

TJ, Esq.
TJ, Esq.
TJ, Esq., Attorney