Real Estate Law

Have real estate law questions? Ask a real estate lawyer.

Looking to find precednece in hew yoirk state on rulings…

Customer Question
Looking to find precednece...

Looking to find precednece in hew yoirk state on rulings related to property encroachement

Lawyer's Assistant: What state are you in? It matters because laws vary by location.

New york

Lawyer's Assistant: Has anything been filed or reported?

Yes but the judge quoted a legal precedence that is not really related to my filings So looking for other rulings

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

Not really except what is the cost of the consult

Lawyer's Assistant: It can cost anywhere from $10 to $100, depending on the type of issue and how much of the Lawyer's time your question is expected to take (how complex and lengthy an answer you require).

Is this done on the computer or by phone

Submitted: 3 months ago.Category: Real Estate Law
12/24/2017
Real Estate Lawyer: Gerald-Esquire, Lawyer replied 3 months ago
Gerald-Esquire

Thank you for using Just Answer. Please bear with me while I review your question. I will respond fully shortly. Thank you for your patience.

Without knowing more it is difficult to be precise. You can find the vast majority of current encroachment cases for NY here:

http://www.plol.org/Pages/Results.aspx?searchphrase=property%20encroachment&jf=46&jurisdiction=New%20York%20%20(1997-present)

The site requires registration but is is at no cost. It is a fairly good basic case finder.

Good luck.

Please note: Information is educational and not given as legal advice. Only your local attorney can give legal advice. I can't establish or accept an attorney-client relationship with you. All posts are available for public viewing.

Kind regards,

Gerald

Gerald-Esquire
Gerald-Esquire
Gerald-Esquire, Lawyer