Real Estate Law

Have real estate law questions? Ask a real estate lawyer.

I own my mobile home and rent the lot in pinal co.and I want…

Customer Question
I own my mobile...

I own my mobile home and rent the lot in pinal co.and I want to know what my rights are to that rented property and what the land lord has the right to as far as laws of renting the land

Lawyer's Assistant: What steps has the landlord taken so far? Have they prepared or filed any paperwork?

No they had given us a year to year lease now they want to give us a month to month and some of what they put in the lease doesn't seem right ! We are 1.25 acre lot?

Lawyer's Assistant: Where is the mobile home located?

Pinal co.

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

The Mobil home is on the property and I bought it 8 years ago but the land is owned by landlord in Michigan

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Real Estate Law
12/23/2017
Real Estate Lawyer: Ray, Lawyer replied 4 months ago
Ray, Lawyer

Hi and welcome to JA. Ray here to help you today.Please bear with me a few moments while I review your question, conduct and prepare your response.

Can you give me more information , what changed in the lease, etc.

Just a minute.

No problem.

What is the limit of one family

You mean how many people can live there?

they want our insurance coverage to have their name on it and the family consisted two adults and two children but now consists of two adults and four children.
what is considered one family living?

There is no prohibition against a family of 6 in a mobile home.That would be considered one family if the children are under 18.If they won't do more than a month to month here and won't agree to having 6 there you are likely going to have to relocate the trailer.

Month to month is really not a lease here , you want at least 6 months and for family of 6.Otherwise they are being unreasonable but you may have to consider moving.To me they are forcing you out here, but if lease is up they can modify terms.

I am so sorry they are doing this to you, you can try to counter here, obviously you need rental for the 6 of you.

Prayers to you , there are no legal restrictions here on number of people this is just the landlord being a jerk.I hope you can work it out.

Thanks for rating 5 stars.

Six people here is one family.

are the land owners rights the same if they own the dwelling or not where can we find out what the rules are for owning or renting the dwelling on rental property?
does the land owner have the right to say weather or not we can put a fifth wheel on property.stored in proper parking area designated for that.

These would be negotiated in the lease here.Strictly a lease question.If its in t he lease you can store a fifth wheel here then you can do so.

Ray, Lawyer