Real Estate Law

Have real estate law questions? Ask a real estate lawyer.

My partner and I have been herrasded by landlord for

Customer Question
My partner and I...

My partner and I have been herrasded by landlord for reporting unsafe conditions and not warranting us a safe habitable environment. Raised the rent 3 times in a year refused to do repairs and after giving notice to vacate as we did do hires property managers to accuse us and threatened us and harrased us to pay for alleged damages .

Lawyer's Assistant: Because laws vary from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?

Hawaii

Lawyer's Assistant: What are the terms of the lease? Any issues related to maintenance or upkeep?

We were on a month to month gave the law required 28 day notice to vacate as we did. The problem was the condo unit was infested with termites that was destroying the entire insde contents of the property and mold issues also was occuring . it became very unhealthy to stay there

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

The property manager has sued us but they have no history with us during the 6 years we lived in the unit.

Submitted: 6 months ago.Category: Real Estate Law
12/22/2017
Real Estate Lawyer: Legal Eagle, Lawyer replied 6 months ago
Legal Eagle, Lawyer

Hello! I am a licensed attorney, admitted to practice in state and federal court. I have a nearly 100% satisfaction rating (click here for more info) so all that means is that you can count on me to help today.

Please keep in mind that our conversation does not include an attorney-client relationship and this is for general information purposes only. What specific questions did you have? I have an idea about your situation, but I don’t want to make any assumptions.