Real Estate Law

Have Real Estate Law Questions? Ask a Real Estate Lawyer.

Real Estate Law

Would like to move floating easement, same ingress/egress…

Customer Question
Would like to move...

Would like to move floating easement, same ingress/egress points, greatly improve direct access to land locked property. Would not impede present access until relocated road completed. Easement not defined how wide so 75' being used for parking and storage.

Lawyer's Assistant: Because real estate law varies from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?

New york

Lawyer's Assistant: Has anything been filed or reported?

Deeds to properties, gift of unimproved forrest land, old drive way

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

Sister wants me to give property to her gratis or will file suit. Without relocation will not be able to develop property

Submitted: 1 month ago.Category: Real Estate Law
Answered in 3 days by:
12/25/2017
Real Estate Lawyer: Lori, Lawyer replied 1 month ago
Lori
Lori, Lawyer

Hello. Let me see if I can assist you. The parties to an easement can move the location of the easement. The easement agreement will need to be amended to specify the new location of the easement and signed by the parties. A survey will the location of the easement is also helpful and can be attached to the amendment to easement.

Hope that helps. If satisfactory, a positive rating would be appreciated.

Lori
Lori
Lori, Lawyer