Real Estate Law

Have real estate law questions? Ask a real estate lawyer.

I've been dealing with a rat infestation in the house I'm…

Customer Question
I've been dealing with...

I've been dealing with a rat infestation in the house I'm renting for more than three months now. The rental management company sent a guy over to handle it. The guy shows up unannounced and unepuipped to do anything so he says he'll be back. For the last 3 mos he has continued to show up unannounced despite my repeated request for for a phone call at least an hour prior to him showing up. To this day I have yet to receive a single call. He started texting me "can I come now". A couple days ago he sent "can I come now" and I said no(I was getting showered and ready for work)

Lawyer's Assistant: Because real estate law varies from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?

He showed up anyway! I've tried to reach the rental management co. For the last three mos. by phone and texts asking for a phone call back and still haven't received one. Today I recieved a letter stating that I have to be out February 28th!

Lawyer's Assistant: Has any paperwork been filed?

Not that I know of. He just sent me a copy of the letter by text

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

This was all in response to a text I sent him yesterday stating that this violation of my privacy and of the lease needed to stop immediately.

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Real Estate Law
Answered in 1 minute by:
12/21/2017
Real Estate Lawyer: Legal Eagle, Lawyer replied 7 months ago
Legal Eagle, Lawyer

Hello! I am a licensed attorney, admitted to practice in state and federal court. I have a nearly 100% satisfaction rating (click here for more info) so all that means is that you can count on me to help today. Because I want to provide you with the most accurate answer possible, do you mind if I take a moment to review your question?

Please keep in mind that our conversation does not include an attorney-client relationship and this is for general information purposes only.