Real Estate Law

Have real estate law questions? Ask a real estate lawyer.

Can an eviction be removed from credit report? Missouri.

Customer Question
Can an eviction be...

Can an eviction be removed from credit report?

Lawyer's Assistant: What state is this in? And when did the issue begin?

Missouri. 2012

Lawyer's Assistant: Has any paperwork been filed?

Yes, and the monies owed was paid.

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

No. Trying to get another place and this came up.

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Real Estate Law
12/21/2017
Real Estate Lawyer: Barrister, Lawyer replied 7 months ago
Barrister, Lawyer

Hello and welcome! My name is ***** ***** I am a licensed attorney and will try my best to help with your situation. There may be a slight delay in my responses as I type out an answer or reply.

.

Unfortunately no, this is part of the civil record and remains indefinitely. Unlike some criminal offenses that can be sealed or expunged, an entry on a civil record stays forever...

.

But the older an eviction gets, the less importance a landlord places on it and it drops off your credit report after 7 years,,

.

If you are applying for a place, it is best to include an explanation for the eviction, if you have a good one, and be up front as that makes it more likely a landlord will discount it.

.

As an aside, in addition to being an attorney, I have also been a landlord for over 26 years...

.

.

thanks

Real Estate Lawyer: Barrister, Lawyer replied 6 months ago

Hello again,

.

I just wanted to touch base with you and check in.

.

Did you have any further questions I can help with?

.

.

Thanks much