Real Estate Law

Have real estate law questions? Ask a real estate lawyer.

Can I sue my HOA for harassment and not dealing in good

Customer Question
Can I sue my...

Can I sue my HOA for harassment and not dealing in good faith also discrimination against me as a Veteran Disabled & bLACK

Lawyer's Assistant: What steps have you taken so far? Have you prepared or filed any paperwork?

This started back in 2013 I was in hospital all year did not pay 2013 and they made 700 dollars into 8,800

Lawyer's Assistant: Where is the property located?

Clermont Florida

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

Yes they tried to sell my home so I went chapter 13 but it was just dismissed I contacted them but they refuse to call me

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Real Estate Law
12/21/2017
Real Estate Lawyer: Attyadvisor, Attorney replied 8 months ago
Attyadvisor
Attyadvisor, Attorney

Welcome and thank you for your question. I will be the professional that will be assisting you. HOA's are subject to all of the State and local Fair Housing Laws. Have you filed a fair housing complaint? I can also provide a link for Attorneys that provide FREE consultations that handle these matters in your area.

Please do not hesitate to ask me any additional questions that you may have with regard to this matter. It would be my pleasure to continue to assist you.

If you would be kind enough to rate my service positively so I will receive credit for my work from the site I would appreciate it. A positive rating will not impact your ability to obtain a refund.

You may not be familiar with how the site works. The Attorneys to not receive credit from the site for their time or with customers unless the customer provides a positive rating. We answer your questions in good faith, hoping for a good faith response regardless of whether the law is in your favor or not. If you were unhappy with my service please let me know that you would prefer to work with another Attorney and I will opt out.

Can you see the rating scale on your end, 5 stars?

Thank you for your consideration.

Are you online with me? Do you have any additional questions for me?