Real Estate Law

Have Real Estate Law Questions? Ask a Real Estate Lawyer.

Real Estate Law

My husband and I are both registered disabled and we are…

Customer Question
My husband and I...

My husband and I are both registered disabled and we are having a problem that has gone on for over two years with the Municipality regards ***** ***** to our walkway because of their retaining wall which joins our property. They keep changing things that they have previously agreed to. There is heaps of rubble Bolders and silt on our stairs due to their crumbling wall. It is a death trap waiting for an accident to happen. How do they get away with this to the extreme that they are endangering our lives.

Lawyer's Assistant: What steps have you taken so far? Have you prepared or filed any paperwork?

We have had several attempts to try and reason with The municipality in the past. they change their minds often. they say one thing then do another. Their constant changes got so bad that reluctantly got the help and advice of a lawyer but he also is not understanding what and why they are doing what they are doing. are they a Law unto themselves?

Lawyer's Assistant: Where is the property located?

Customer:*****East Pittsburgh PA 15112

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

No Thank you

Submitted: 2 months ago.Category: Real Estate Law
12/21/2017
Real Estate Lawyer: Dwayne B., Attorney replied 2 months ago
Dwayne B.
Dwayne B., Attorney

Hello and thank you for contacting us. This is Dwayne B. and I’m an expert here and looking forward to assisting you today.

Please allow me several minutes to read your facts and type my response both initially and when you add a follow up question or add facts. Please don't ask "are you there", etc., since when you post it can erase what I am working on. If we are having a conversation unless I tell you I am going offline, I will be here but I may be doing research.

While waiting for a response, please do not keep asking questions, such as "Are you there", etc. since that can erase whatever I am writing and also interrupts the thought process. I will be back with you as soon as I can do any research necessary, formulate a response, and type it in.

The question you asked "are they a law unto themselves" sounds more rhetorical than one to which you really would like an answer.

Is there a specific question with which I could assist?

I am about to go offline for a while but will check in later.

Tina, Lawyer