Real Estate Law

Have real estate law questions? Ask a real estate lawyer.

This is probably going to sound stupid, but these are the…

Customer Question
This is probably going...

This is probably going to sound stupid, but these are the facts, on Sept, 22 2017 our homeowners insurance was cancelled because they said we had too many claims over the course of 4 years { a total of 3 claims} then on Dec. 13 of this year we had a fire and the home sustained so much damage that it is unlivable. we literally lost everything have no money for housing and I was just wondered if there was any way to collect on some of our loses.

Lawyer's Assistant: Because real estate law varies from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?

MO

Lawyer's Assistant: Has any paperwork been filed?

I filed a claim with the mortage company . I didnt tell you that we lost our home to foreclosure about 2 months ago and that fannine mae now owns the home. Though we never moved because the home had not sold at auction and they new we were still living in it. is fannie mae somehow responsible for our loss?

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

Not off the top of my head

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Real Estate Law
12/21/2017
Real Estate Lawyer: Olivia Kent,
 replied 7 months ago
Olivia Kent

Hello and welcome to JustAnswer. My name is ***** ***** I'm an attorney. Please note this site is general information for educational purposes only and doesn’t constitute not legal advice. You might be offered a phone call, but you are under no obligation to accept; the phone call requests don’t come from me - they’re offered by the website - but if you do want a phone call I’d be happy to do that as well. I'll be happy to help you in any way I can.

What do you mean by "is fannie mae somehow responsible for our loss?" Are you asking if they somehow caused the loss or are you asking if you're entitled to some kind of payment on the home?