Real Estate Law

Have Real Estate Law Questions? Ask a Real Estate Lawyer.

Real Estate Law

I brought to the attention to the "Resident Manager" of

Customer Question
I brought to the...

I brought to the attention to the "Resident Manager" of problems experiencing with other tenants loudness at unreasonable hours uncleanliness to the property and the Resident Manager expressed that it's not her job to address problems occurring on the property. I sought clarity with the "Property Manager" to no avail, and upon our meeting, she strongly suggested that I may want to move somewhere else. At that remark, I terminated the meeting expressing that I know what to do to seek tenant compliance with the lease agreement. Today, I received a letter from the "Residency Bureau, LLC" of false claims, about my allege behavior. I believe, because I brought to property managements attention, that the property was going down do to volume of Illegal immigrates cultures and living practices, she and management has decided to qualify me for "Further Action". I've never been late on the rent and help clean the outside premises very frequently. I always report problems to the appropriate officials. What can I do to address and remove this manipulative practice? Please Help.

Lawyer's Assistant: Because laws vary from place to place, can you tell me what state the property is in?

Maryland

Lawyer's Assistant: What are the terms of the lease? Any issues related to maintenance or upkeep?

The upkeep is in below good living standard.

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

Management is afraid that I may contact the Federal and State authorities about their leasing practices, which is causing most of the problems with the tenants they select to lease to.

Submitted: 2 months ago.Category: Real Estate Law
12/20/2017
Real Estate Lawyer: Infolawyer, Lawyer replied 2 months ago
Infolawyer, Lawyer

Hello and welcome. I am working on your answer and will be right back!

In addition to internal complaints you may also consider the following options:

1. you can file a complaint in court for violation of your quiet enjoyment and habitable premises.

2. you can have a lawyer send a cease and desist warning letter.

3. if there is a board, you can alert the board of the issue and seek its help.

Tina, Lawyer