Real Estate Law

Have real estate law questions? Ask a real estate lawyer.

Second Mortgage with a bank different than the first

Second Mortgage with a...

Second Mortgage with a bank different than the first mortgage holder . Second Mortgage holder just sent me a letter stating I had 14 days to clear this up, or they would begin foreclosure proceedings.

Lawyer's Assistant: Since laws vary from place to place, what state is this in? And has any paperwork been filed?

What are my options. I have been out of work for 6 months. Just went to work for insurance company as a 1099 agent . It may be 3-4 months before I can support the mortgages.

Lawyer's Assistant: Has any paperwork been filed?

Not at present. I will check today

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

NOt sure. They will know better than me

12/20/2017
Richard, Lawyer

Hi! My name is Richard & I will be helping you today! It will take me a few minutes to type a response to your question. Thanks for your patience!

Good morning. Can you provide me a bit more information? What is the value of your home? What is the outstanding balance of the first mortgage? How many payments have you missed? Thanks.

Richard, Lawyer
Good Morning Richard . House value $550k . First mortgage $295k . Second mortgage , I have been unable to make payments since May 2017 . They say I oue approx. $15k . Second mortgage is 220k. I borrowed money against my ouse for the business. Wells Fargo forced me into bankruptcy for reasons not explained, except they had the right to call the note at any time. I have run into 4-5 peole in the area that this happened to after Wells Fargo bought Wachovia. I have the house on the market, but nobody is buying at present
Joycelaw
Joycelaw, Attorney
Phone call session started