Real Estate Law

Have real estate law questions? Ask a real estate lawyer.

I just found out my ex sister in law forged my ex name on a…

Customer Question
I just found out...

I just found out my ex sister in law forged my ex name on a quick claim deed. Not only did she forge it she had it notarized and signed by her friend. My ex was incarcerated . You can use public records easily to see it is not his signature and my now adult children want possession the property

Lawyer's Assistant: Because laws vary from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?

Florida - Hillsbouorgh county

Lawyer's Assistant: Has any paperwork been filed?

Yes, she has even obtain a mortgage I think the property was paid for

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

Other than me trying to help ex sort this out he is in prison

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Real Estate Law
12/20/2017
Real Estate Lawyer: Barrister, Lawyer replied 7 months ago
Barrister, Lawyer

Hello and welcome! My name is ***** ***** I am a licensed attorney and will try my best to help with your situation. There may be a slight delay in my responses as I type out an answer or reply.

.

How long ago did this happen?

.

Did she actually just sign his name.... not "his name, by her name, power of attorney" or something like that?

.

Does ex confirm that he never signed the deed?

.

And this is ex's sister, correct?

.

.

thanks

Wcirrect she just forged his name and had her friend notarized it. She is a notary and certainly know if it was done by POA it should state POA. She is my ex sister but her brother is the father of my kids which did not know how to hoping about it. The aunt actually rent the home out with no benefit to anyone but her family not even to her brother incarcerated

Ok, first, this is something he would have to pursue as he is the victim here of forgery. The kids can't do anything and you can't do anything since you weren't the victims. But he could file a criminal complaint with the police and get the DA to investigate the claim of forgery to see if he would file a formal criminal charge against the sister.

.

Honestly, I don't know if he is in prison how he would get the police to come out and take a report, but I am sure it can be done.. Maybe if you talked to a local detective and explained the situation, he would contact ex and help him file a formal complaint..

.

Or you could contact the sister on ex's behalf and tell her that she either transfers the property back to her brother within 10 days or he is going to file a felony forgery charge against her and the notary and they can both come live with him in prison.

.

Once she realizes she is caught, and it is a felony, she would be a fool to not transfer it back. I would probably also contact the notary and let them know what is about to happen so they can put pressure on the sister..

.

.

thanks

Hello again,

.

I just wanted to touch base with you and check in.

.

Did you have any further questions I can help with?

.

.

Thanks much