Real Estate Law

Have real estate law questions? Ask a real estate lawyer.

How can i file a small clain in st clair county il.? I have…

Customer Question
How can i file...

How can i file a small clain in st clair county il. ?

Lawyer's Assistant: Has anything been filed or reported?

I have a police report . My house was damaged from a tree trimmer the neighbors hired .

Lawyer's Assistant: Because real estate law varies from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?

Illinois

Submitted: 9 months ago.Category: Real Estate Law
12/18/2017
Real Estate Lawyer: DrakeLAW, Lawyer replied 9 months ago
DrakeLAW
DrakeLAW, Lawyer

Hi, my name is ***** ***** I look forward to helping you, please give me a moment to review and possibly research answers to your question.

I t cost me 800.00 to get repaired , i have a police report and pictures
It also knocked out power to 23 other houses
any help here ?

Sure, here is where you can get a Small Claims Complaint, it is the 5th one up from the bottom:

http://www.circuitclerk.co.st-clair.il.us/forms/Pages/default.aspx?folder=Small+Claims+Division%7c

Small claims are those under $5,000. You file the complaint and pay the fee at the court house. Their website does not have a lot of information on it other than the form, so you should just give the Clerk's office a call.

Please kindly rate the question so I may be credited. Thank you. You can still ask follow-up questions.