Real Estate Law

Have Real Estate Law Questions? Ask a Real Estate Lawyer.

Real Estate Law

We recently purchased a home in Coram. We bought this home…

Customer Question
We recently purchased a...

We recently purchased a home in Coram. We bought this home in May of this year, The home was classified as a "Double wide" even though it was on a permanent foundation with a two car Heated garage attached , the previous owners never had the title changed to real property, so we did it. Now when we closed that was a question I asked several times "was the title fixed", this was gravely important to me because I was going to apply for a mortage rate decrease thru my bank in San Antonio , well, they couldn't do anything because its still listed as a Double wide. I did some checking and at the property assessor's office they had the same document as I had, but they didn't have the original document , Insured Titles hadn't delivered that one.

Lawyer's Assistant: Because real estate law varies from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?

Montata

Lawyer's Assistant: Has any paperwork been filed?

Everything is how it should be except that certified copy

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

We had my Mother in Law live in with us for the past 6 years, she's wheelchair bound and quite a chore.

Submitted: 2 months ago.Category: Real Estate Law
12/17/2017
Real Estate Lawyer: Alex Esquire, Attorney at Law replied 2 months ago
Alex Esquire
Alex Esquire, Attorney at Law

Hello. My name is Alex.

Thank you for your question.

I will be happy to provide you with information you are seeking for educational purposes only.

Do you have a legal question that I can answer for you about the situation you have described in your post?

Tina, Lawyer