Real Estate Law

Have real estate law questions? Ask a real estate lawyer.

Gated community. Board I feel has done something unfair to…

Customer Question
Gated community. Board I...

Gated community. Board I feel has done something unfair to the community on vothing

Lawyer's Assistant: Where is the property located?

Eaton ohio

Lawyer's Assistant: Has any paperwork been filed?

Mo

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

Voting on a pool. And upping dues. It was voted down 2 someone got 100 signatures to bring it up again a lot of people did not get a ballot and they would not give them one. Unfair. Vote was a yes this time. Thanks

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Real Estate Law
Answered in 1 hour by:
12/16/2017
Real Estate Lawyer: Attyadvisor, Attorney replied 8 months ago
Attyadvisor
Attyadvisor, Attorney

Welcome and thank you for your question. I will be the professional that will be assisting you.

The board must follow the voting requirements as set out in your governing documents. If they do not they are open to a lawsuit.

Can you tell me what your bylaws require as far as making ballots available?

Do you have a copy of your governing documents?

The Board has a fiduciary duty to you as owners. A board member can be removed for not following the governing documents, and in certain situations, they can be held personally liable. https://www.nolo.com/legal-encyclopedia/fiduciary-duties-hoa-board-members.html

Are you online with me?

Please do not hesitate to ask me any additional questions that you may have with regard to this matter. It would be my pleasure to continue to assist you.

If you would be kind enough to rate my service positively so I will receive credit for my work from the site I would appreciate it. A positive rating will not impact your ability to obtain a refund.

You may not be familiar with how the site works. The Attorneys to not receive credit from the site for their time or with customers unless the customer provides a positive rating. We answer your questions in good faith, hoping for a good faith response regardless of whether the law is in your favor or not. If you were unhappy with my service please let me know that you would prefer to work with another Attorney and I will opt out.

Can you see the rating scale on your end, 5 stars?

Thank you for your consideration.