Real Estate Law

Have real estate law questions? Ask a real estate lawyer.

What forms do I need to remove a joint owner of a condo from…

Customer Question
What forms do I...

What forms do I need to remove a joint owner of a condo from the deed? And what forms do I need to add a name to the deed?

Lawyer's Assistant: Where is the property located?

Lake Worth, Florida, Palm Beach County

Lawyer's Assistant: Has any paperwork been filed?

No. I need to know what the procedure is and what forms to file.

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

I don't know.

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Real Estate Law
12/15/2017
Real Estate Lawyer: Legal Eagle, Lawyer replied 7 months ago
Legal Eagle, Lawyer

Hello! I am a licensed attorney, admitted to practice in state and federal court. I have a nearly 100% satisfaction rating (click here for more info) so all that means is that you can count on me to help today. Because I want to provide you with the most accurate answer possible, do you mind if I take a moment to review your question?

Please keep in mind that our conversation does not include an attorney-client relationship and this is for general information purposes only.

Thank you very much for your patience. What you are going to need is a) consent of the other owner and b) a quit claim deed. To remove and to add an owner to a deed, you're going to need the consent of all of the parties involved to make that happen. In addition, to transfer the name of property from one to another, you will need to have the relevant parties sign a quit claim deed. Quit claim deeds are just basically documents that move title to the property from one person to another. If you go to rocketlawyer.com or to legalzoom.com, you can find samples of state-specific quit claim deeds so you can make the transfers. Once it's done, you go to the county recorder's office and file the deed.

Did you have any other questions for me today?