Real Estate Law

Have real estate law questions? Ask a real estate lawyer.

I live in fort lauderdaLe in a coop. there is a serious

Customer Question
I live in fort...

I live in fort lauderdaLe in a coop. there is a serious problem with the pool pump and they are taking up half of the concrete deck to access the drainage pipe which is broken and needs replacing. Is this something that needs a permit? Thanks, Peter

Lawyer's Assistant: Where is the property located?

Coral Ridge

Lawyer's Assistant: Has any paperwork been filed?

Not that I am aware of as board tells us nothing

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

Not at this time

Submitted: 5 months ago.Category: Real Estate Law
12/15/2017
Real Estate Lawyer: KLAW, Arbitrator replied 5 months ago
KLAW
KLAW, Arbitrator

Good morning. I am a legal expert who will assist you today.

Hello and welcome to Just Answer. No attorney-client relationship or privilege is formed by speaking to an expert on this site, the answers are for general information. By continuing, you confirm that you understand and agree to these terms.

I believe that a permit would be required under Section 105.2 of the Florida Building Code. There are exception to the Code which allow for some minor work to not be permitted. However, removal and replacement of drain piping does require a permit. Also the stopping of leaks in drains, water, soil, waste or vent pipes do not require a permit. However, that if any concealed trap, drain pipe, water, soil, waste or vent pipe becomes defective and it becomes necessary to remove and replace the same with new material such work shall be considered as new work and a permit shall be obtained and inspection made as provided under the Code.

I hope this helps. Please let me know if you have more questions.

It was a pleasure assisting you today, and I would appreciate if you would rate my service, so I will receive credit and payment for my work. After you rate the question you can ask follow up questions, and you will not be charged any additional money for the follow-up questions.

If you have any other questions please just ask
KLAW
KLAW
KLAW, Arbitrator