Real Estate Law

Have real estate law questions? Ask a real estate lawyer.

I am a farmer in Nebraska I am trying to build a fence on a…

Customer Question
I am a farmer...

I am a farmer in Nebraska I am trying to build a fence on a surveyed line. The neighbor has parked a tractor I n the middle of the line what can I do

Lawyer's Assistant: Has any paperwork been filed?

They have been using a lawyer this process started back in July

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

They are using the claim they are going to adverse possession nothing has been filed the sheriff was called yesterday he claims they are waiting for a injunction

Lawyer's Assistant: Because laws vary from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?

Nebraska

Submitted: 5 months ago.Category: Real Estate Law
12/15/2017
Real Estate Lawyer: legalgems, Arbitrator replied 5 months ago
legalgems
legalgems, Arbitrator

Hello! I will be reviewing your question and posting a response momentarily; if you have any follow up questions please respond here. Thanks!

One who claims title by adverse possession must prove by a preponderance of the evidence that he has been in actual, continuous, exclusive, notorious, and adverse possession under claim of ownership for a full period of ten years. Rentschler v. Walnofer, 203 Neb. 84, 277 N.W.2d 548 (1979)

If the elements have not been satisfied adverse possession will not be established.

The person wanting the tractor removed can seek an injunction from the court where the court may order its removal. If the party refuses they can be held in contempt which may result in sanctions such as daily fines, attorney fees, even jail time for knowing and willful violations.

Further questions? Please post here to continue the chat.

Satisfied? Kindly rate positively so I receive credit for assisting you. I hope that you feel I have earned

5 stars 🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟*****

as I strive to provide my customers with great service. ☺️

(no additional charges are incurred).

Information provided is for educational purposes only. Consultation with a personal attorney is always recommended so your particular facts may be considered. The terms addressing this can be viewed here:

http://ww2.justanswer.com/terms-service-0#information

Thank you and take care.

Hello again; just checking in to see how things worked out;

If you have no further questions a positive rating is most appreciated (at no additional cost to you) and allows the site to credit my account for the time spent assisting you!

if you have further questions please don't hesitate to reach out to me here on Just Answerand I will do my best to get you the requested information.
Thanks!

The above information is for educational purposes only. A consultation with a private attorney is recommended so they can apply the law to your specific facts, and suggest the best course of action. An attorney can be located here:
http://www.americanbar.org/groups/public_education/public-information/how-do-i-find-a-lawyer-.html
Terms of service can be viewed here:

legalgems
legalgems
legalgems, Arbitrator